Sunday, July 7, 2013

About My Life

Hi, welcome to my blog!  I am looking forward to becoming a junior this coming fall. I enjoy school and feel privileged to have the opportunity to learn. I am hardworking and tend to put a lot of thought and time into my school work. I also enjoy being involved in many of the clubs and programs McFarland has to offer. Through student council and ambassadors I've been able to experience the joy of helping others in our school and community. Although I'm going to be a junior, this year will be my first time competing in cross-country.  During my freshman and sophomore year, I was a member of the girls' swim team in the fall. As many may guess, I love to run and I'm excited for my third year in track. I also have a passion for music and have loved being part of choir, band and musicals during my high school career.

After high school, I plan to further my education by attending college.  I'm still unsure of the exact career I'd like to pursue, but I do know it will be something in the medical field.  Science is not the easiest subject for me, but to the surprise of many I enjoy dissecting and find cuts and scrapes fascinating (This disclosure is often accompanied by an "eww"). By working hard in both school and sports, I hope to fulfill my dream of studying and running at an NCAA Division I school.

Outside of school, I enjoy doing activities that help me relax and come down from my busyness of life.  These activities include practicing my saxophone, playing and composing music on the piano, and reading books on the swing in my backyard.  I love everything about the outdoors and love adventure.  I was excited to combine both of these loves on a backpacking trip in Colorado last July. In the summer, I can often be found hiking, biking, kayaking or playing watersports with my family and friends.

Due to my favorite hobbies and employment during the summer months, my hair is more often wet than dry.  This is my third summer teaching swim lessons at the McFarland Pool. It has been an exciting journey to expand my opportunities to help others by becoming certified as a lifeguard and a WSI (water safety instructor) in the past year. I don't think I could ask for a more rewarding job.  Each day I feel the joy of seeing kids' smiling faces as they learn to swim and reach their goals.

With so many new and exciting things to come, I can't wait for the rest of summer, becoming a junior, and furthering my writing skills in AP Composition.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ally! Glad you're going to be part of AP Composition this year. I hope your summer is going well, wet hair and all. Nice job getting your blog up and running-- it's good to read your thoughts. See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally,
    After reading this post, I find that we have quite a bit in common. I love reading and playing the piano even though I still don't know how to read music. I just look up how to play songs on Youtube,and I find that works just fine for me. I only know how to play a few songs, but man, do I love playing piano!

    I strongly admire your interest and tolerance for dissecting cuts and scrapes, as I want to pursue a career in the health field. For now, blood grosses me out, but I'm working on it. What's your secret?

    It'll be fun to get to know you a little better in AP Comp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ally! We miss you on the swim team, but I know running's what you're looking forward to. I can totally understand where you're coming from concerning seemingly chronic wet hair!

    Looking forward to your blogs!

    ReplyDelete